test.wayneswords.com

• Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Home Wayne's Words Message Boards
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Rimrock Passed Away Last Night
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12345
TOPIC: Rimrock Passed Away Last Night
Re:Rimrock Passed Away Last Night 9 Months, 3 Weeks ago  
Just hurts to think about N dock without him. The memories he's given the Amigos will live on forever.

Scott s
Scott s
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I just got off the phone with John's wife Margie.
It has always been Johns preference to be cremated and be remembered at a celebration of his life rather than at a grave side service.
The family will be saying their good byes in a private viewing, All as John would have wanted it to be.
Leavitt's Mortuary in Ogden will be taking care of the remains. Margie will be keeping us informed and is just in awe and admiration
at the response from all the people who's lives John "Rimrock's" life has touched. I will let you know more as I am able.

Thank you all so much for your sincere comments and love directed to the Fraser family, I know they are being read as we speak.
God Bless our Captain Rimrock, the family and all who share our love for all John has done... Rest in Peace my friend..
Gold Cup
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2014/02/03 16:10 By Gold Cup.

nomofish
graphgraph

So sorry, to here about John, He definatley had a great life, and loved being at Powell with his freind's. And enjoyed it as much as anyone, and more then most. The lake will surely never be quite the same without him, but we will allway's keep you in our memory's John. God bless your family and freinds.

KyKevin
KyKevin
graphgraph

So sorry to hear of another loss to our Powell family. Condolences to the Fraser family and Gold Cup, and that Josh continues to heal. Prayers to all of you.

I will always remember John at the SHAD Rallies, a smile for everyone, as he offered his smoked striper and held out the collection jar for Friends of Lake Powell.

I suspect that Pete, Ernie, and John are all having a joyous reunion right about now, and they're planning on attending the spring Rally.

God bless you, John, for all the lives you've touched.

The Mapels
Tiff Mapel
Waiting for summer...
graphgraph

I remember numerous times walking the docks in BF since we've been there and running across John and GC...always a tandem, and ALWAYS welcoming, and ready to spend some time BS'ing, or fishing!

I know how close RR and GC are (not were, still are) and how great their friendship was. I mourn for you, Rich, as much as for the entire family right now!

I also know how much John meant to so many that knew him so much longer than I did!

All I can say is we really have lost a great man, a gentle man, and one of the most caring and compassionate, open, and welcoming individuals I have ever met!

May he rest in peace, and the entire family, all friends, and the WWs community find comfort in the fact that's he's in a better place, kickin' it with some other great patriarchs of the lake!

-broski
broski
Fishing; the healthy alternative to working!
Admin
graphgraph
Gender: Male Location: Things change - no longer where I was, CO

So sorry for your loss of your friend Gold Cup, prayers for you and his family. R.I.P, Rimrock.
24 Sleekenforcer
Lake Powell no other place like it!
graphgraph
Gender: Male Location: Gallup, NM/ Page, AZ Birthday: 10/15

Sorry to hear the sad news of Capt Rimrock's passing. I haven't been on the board for a long time, and was sorry to hear this news. May John rest in peace and his friends and family be comforted with all the great memories and stories of this wonderful man. RJ
RJCristo
graphgraph
Gender: Male Location: Sterling, CO ----Lake Havasu City AZ  Jan-Feb-Mar Birthday: 11/23
Ralph J. Cristello

My condolences to the Fraser family & Gold Cup. John was a great man & will be missed by many.
BeachBum
graphgraph
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

The mayor of Bullfrog.

I think that was an appropriate title for John.

Advocate and facilitator for most anything concerning Bullfrog and boating there.

Official greeter, host and public safety advocate on the slips.

Watchdog for the well being of both his friends and strangers and their boats

Booster and fundraiser for Lake Powell and the Shad Rally .

Expert, from personal experience, regarding almost everything pertaining to his bailiwick …the Lake.

I am quite sure there are many more attributes I have missed, as these are only the ones which I personally experienced.

My usual routine whenever I got to the Lake first thing, would be to hail Captain Rimrock on 16. Most times the call would be answered in a minute or two, and I would look forward taking that walk to the end of the covered slips to enjoy John’s never ending hospitality, camaraderie and updates concerning the Lake.

John, you left us too soon, but what you left behind was a better place because of your character and actions.

Thank you for that.

Rest in Peace.
DreamWeaver
graphgraph

This is a real heartbreaker. Sad news, indeed. My prayers for the family.
Shanewave
graphgraph

My heart broke when I read about John's son's health problems and now John is gone. How does a family handle such an overwhelming sad situation. I hope they will find strength to carry on and find solace on Lake Powell, which John and all loved so much. The Indian poem says it all. Hopefully the family will always feel his presence.
My deepest sympathy to you.
Hermine Tippel
Oma's Haven
Sieglinde
graphgraph

I am really sorry to hear that GC. My son and I have found memories of you guys inviting us to night fish off the back of the houseboat in February with KBass. God bless you and his family.
coachk
graphgraph

Hello Lake Powell Family,

I want to thank all of you for the overwhelming support for our loss.

My heart swells with pride reading all the loving comment on these boards. Although, unfortunately, I have met very few of you, I feel a tremendous connection through the love of a great man.

I, and all of the Fraser family, cannot begin to express the gratitude we have for all the support, prays, and offers of help from everyone during this difficult time.

I am honored to have shared my father’s love and camaraderie with you, his other family.

I have copied the obituary from today’s Ogden Standard Examiner for those who would like to know more about Captain Rimrock.

With the deepest heartfelt appreciation,

John Zak Fraser

From the 05 Feb. 2014 Ogden Standard Examiner:

Our beloved husband, father, grandfather, and friend, John Robert Fraser, passed away Sunday, February 2, 2014.

John was born in Union, Missouri to Milton Fraser and Esther Bicknies Fraser. He graduated from Ogden High School in 1962. He joined the US Navy in 1963 during the Vietnam War and served as a surgical technician at the Oakland Naval Hospital until 1968.

He married Melinda Lowe and together they had two sons, Joshua Justin and John Zachariah. They ran the Rimrock Motel in Torey, UT before moving back to Ogden. John and Melinda were divorced which was followed by a brief marriage to Vicky Ostrup. In 1992 he met his soul-mate Margie Thurgood Hyde. John and Margie were married in 2001 and spent many happy years together. John was the love of Margies life and they remain true soul-mates.

While in Ogden, he worked for American Nutrition, Pitney Bowes and later he started his own successful business, The Mail Room, as well as being a member of the Ogden Chamber of Commerce. In the late 1990's he sold the Mail Room and retired. John loved his retirement and spent his time volunteering as a Gate Judge in the World Cup Races at Snowbasin and later as Gate Judge Team Leader on the men's downhill course for the 2002 Winter Olympics and Paralympics. John also organized and led the cutting of pine boughs for use on the Olympic race course. He worked as a volunteer as a Park Naturalist, giving tours of Snowbasin.

John and Margie loved playing golf and tennis and many adventurous hikes together. John and Margie volunteered at many PGA, LPGA, and Web.Com Tour Golf Tournaments as walking scorers and many other positions. In recognition for his services, John was selected by the PGA as Volunteer of the Week for the Nationwide Tour.

John's favorite thing to do with friends and family was going to Lake Powell. He was the maintenance manager on the Desert Mariah houseboat for over 20 years. John had many, many friends at Lake Powell who knew him as Captain Rimrock. If anyone ever had a question about the Lake, they went to John for answers. He helped everyone at any time. He loved to fish with his friends, catch striper and have it smoked to give to friends. He became an organizer of the North Lake Bass Rally and auctioned donated items; raising money for the Friends of Lake Powell. He was interested in the environment and spent many hours picking up litter around the neighborhood and on the beaches and parking lots at Lake Powell. He was a member of the Ogden Canyon Club and helped organize the litter pick-up in the canyon for many years.

He is survived by his wife, Margie Fraser; sister, Cathy (Ray) Miller, son's, John Zak (Elisa) Fraser and Joshua Fraser; three step-children, Joe (Kimberly) Hyde, Danielle (Ethan) Vaughn, and Julie Cadman. He is also survived by eight grandchildren: Nicole, Tommy, Tony, and Sarah Fraser, Vivian Cadman, Kate, Solomon, and Joseph Vaughn as well as numerous nieces and nephews.

He was preceded in death by his parents, a sister, Barbara Williams, a sister, Carlyn Hansen, and a grandson, Noah Vaughn.

A Celebration of John's life will be held at a later date.

In lieu of flowers donations can be made to the Friends of Lake Powell organization.

Cremation will be under the direction of Leavitt's Mortuary, 836 36th St., Ogden, UT 84404.
Landztnts
graphgraph

Thank you for posting this, I am so sorry for your loss. John led a life we can all admire. Your family lost a great father and husband, we have all lost a good friend.
Waterbaby
Lake Havasu City, AZ
Admin
graph
Gender: Female Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ Birthday: 12/31
“It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.” —Voltaire

Go to topPage: 12345